Sunday 12 February 2012

My first clay attemps

David gave me some polymer clay for my birthday in October. From the minute I started messing around with it I was hooked!


The first thing I made was this dragon from Christi Friesens's book. It took me a couple of hours, but was so much fun I just had to keep going.

I made a couple more little dragons - then realized that as the fabric I had purchased to create little girls tutus for the Craft Fair was MIA on a boat somewhere in the Bahamas, clay ornaments would be another option.
So, I went to Christi Friesen's website and downloaded some of her lessons. One of which was a horses head. This is the first one I made. 




I have a box full of metallic threads which I though might look good in manes, so, after checking first that they would not melt in the oven I used them in the next horse.





Time to branch out to my own design ideas. Melinda suggested seahorses - I loved that idea so started working on them. This is the first one. He's a bit messy, but had a great head.



I also did a couple of birds. This was the first one.


In the end I had about a dozen pieces to take the the Craft Fair, and sold them all. A local gallery owner stopped by my table and told me that she wanted to sell my stuff, which was thrilling! Of course, that meant I just HAD to buy more clay, beads, rhinestones.......

No comments:

Post a Comment